AOAC AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
RULES & GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
- AOAC Dame Joan Sutherland Award: $20,000
- AOAC E Chang and E & K Ong Opera Scholarship Award: $10,000
- AOAC Sheila Prior Memorial Award: $5,000
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
- have a voice of operatic potential
- have completed an initial period of operatic training
- have a strong musical background
- demonstrate an ability to perform convincingly.
Previous operatic performance experience is desirable.
Applications open on the 1st of February and must be received by 5pm on the 30th of June.
Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. The date of arrival is a matter for the determination of the AOAC. Receipt of your application will be confirmed via email.
- The Awards and Scholarships will be adjudicated by August the 31st and will be announced shortly afterwards via email and on our website.
- Awards and Scholarships funds will be transferred to winners early December after our Christmas function.
- The Awards and Scholarships are open to opera singers only.
- The Awards and Scholarships are open to Australian citizens only.
- AOAC Dame Joan Sutherland Scholarship applicants must be 26 years and over.
- AOAC Chang & Ong Opera Scholarship applicants must be 18-40 years of age.
- All awardees must make themselves available to sing without remuneration at two AOAC functions.
SUBMISSIONS AND INCLUSIONS
- You must supply a CV with a DVD recording and details of study/project plan for the funds if successful.
Please send your resume, academic and operatic qualifications either via e-mail or postal submission. Submissions are to be sent to either:
Postal address: AOAC Awards PO Box 123 Rozelle NSW 2039