AOAC AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
RULES & GUIDELINES FOR APPLICANTS
- AOAC Dame Joan Sutherland Award: $20,000
- AOAC E Chang and E & K Ong Opera Scholarship Award: $10,000
- AOAC Sheila Prior Memorial Award: $5,000
CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
- have a voice of operatic potential
- have completed an initial period of operatic training
- have a strong musical background
- demonstrate an ability to perform convincingly.
Previous operatic performance experience is desirable.
-Applications open on the 1st of February and must be received by 5pm on the 30th of June.
-Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. The date of arrival is a matter for the determination of the AOAC. Receipt of your application will be confirmed via email.
- The Awards and Scholarships will be adjudicated by August the 31st and will be announced shortly afterwards via email and on our website.
- Awards and Scholarships funds will be transferred to winners early December after our Christmas function.
- The Awards and Scholarships are open to opera singers only.
- The Awards and Scholarships are open to Australian citizens only.
- AOAC Dame Joan Sutherland Scholarship applicants must be 26 years and over.
- AOAC Chang & Ong Opera Scholarship applicants must be 18-40 years of age.
- All awardees must make themselves available to sing without remuneration at two AOAC functions.
SUBMISSIONS AND INCLUSIONS
- You must supply a CV with a DVD recording and details of study/project plan for the funds if successful.
Please send your resume, academic and operatic qualifications either via e-mail or postal submission. Submissions are to be sent to either:
Postal address: AOAC Awards PO Box 123 Rozelle NSW 2039